News & Events
- July 19-22 – Save the Date!
- The joint 7th International Shared Decision Making (ISDM) Conference and
the 4th International Society for Evidence-Based Health Care (ISEHC) Conference 2015
will be held at the University of Sydney, Australia from 19 – 22 July 2015.
Visit the conference website for more information.
- January 15 – Healthy Debate
- Article about patient decision aids published on the Health Debate website.
Decision aids: why hasn’t this proven, patient-centred practice caught on?
- October 18-22 – Society for Medical Decision Making
- 36th Annual North American Meeting: Medical Decision Making Among Diverse Populations: Advancing Practice, Policy, and Science
More information here.
- July 3-4 – European Society for Person Centered Healthcare
- First Annual Conference and Awards Ceremony of the European Society for Person Centered Healthcare (ESPCH) in
Aula Magna, Universidad Francisco de Vitoria, Madrid, Spain.
More information here.
- June 25-27 – Summer Institute for Informed Patient Choice (SIIPC)
- The 2014 Summer Institute for Informed Patient Choice (SIIPC),
taking place in Hanover, New Hampshire June 25-27, will convene medical,
legal, ethics, and policy professionals and patient advocates around the
individual and systems-level consequences of the lack of transparency and
patient involvement in health care (i.e, “keeping patients in the dark”).
- June 3 – Health Education Leaders Healthwise and Capsana Reach More Canadians With Health Education in French
- The people of Quebec deserve world-class evidence-based health information written in plain language.
Through the combined work of Healthwise and Capsana, over 6 million Francophones in Quebec and
millions more across Canada will now have access to the Healthwise Education Solution in French for Canadians.
- May 22 – Anna Reynvaan Lecture
- Invited by the board of directors of the Academic Medical Centre of the University of Amsterdam,
Dr. Stacey is giving the 16th Anna Reynvaan Lecture on May 22, 2014
titled "Shared Decision Making: What is the role for nurses?"
This annual lecture, referred to as the “"Dutch Florence Nightingale",
has an aim to educate and inspire nurses, media, researchers, and
other healthcare professionals in the Netherlands and Belgium.
- April 30 – Pop-up Research Park
- Dawn Stacey and her graduate student Robert Wu attended the
hosted Pop-up Research Park
reception for MPs, staff and other dignitaries on Parliament Hill, Ottawa.
- January 28 – Updated review published on The Cochrane Library.
- Congratulations to everyone involved.
Stacey D, Légaré F, Col NF, Bennett CL, Barry MJ, Eden KB, Holmes-Rovner M, Llewellyn-Thomas H, Lyddiatt A, Thomson R, Trevena L, Wu JHC.
Decision aids for people facing health treatment or screening decisions.
Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2014 , Issue 1 . Art. No.: CD001431. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD001431.pub4
Last modified: 2015-01-22.