Archive of Ottawa Decision Aids
The following patient decision aids were developed in Ottawa but are currently out-of-date and no longer available to the general public. For more information regarding these decision aids, please contact email@example.com.
Learn about our methods for developing decision aids.
- Making Choices: Treatments to Prevent Stroke in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation (1996)
- Making Choices: Treatment of Stage IV (metastatic) Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (1997)
- Making decisions about the removal of my breast cancer: What Do I Prefer? (1998)
- Making Choices: Blood Transfusion in Cardiac Surgery (1999)
- Making Choices: Options for Lowering My Risk of Breast Cancer (1999)
- Making Choices: Prenatal Testing (1999)
- Becoming Involved in the Decisions You Face: A Guide for Women with Breast Cancer (2000)
- Making Choices: Care at Home or Admission to a Care Facility (2000)
- Making Choices: Life Changes to Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease and Stroke (2001)
- Making Choices: Osteoporosis Treatment Options (2002)
- Bone/Muscle Conditions (2003): First published in the BMJ book
- Ankylosing spondylitis: Should I take biologic agents such as infliximab or etanercept?
- Gout: Should I take non-steroidal anti-imflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)?
- Lupus kidney disease: Do I agree to take the recommended treatment of steroids plus cyclophosphamide?
- Osteoporosis: Should I take Alendronate?
- Osteoporosis: Should I take Etidronate?
- Osteoporosis: Should I take hormone replacement therapy (HRT)?
- Raynaud's: Should I take calcium channel blockers, such as nifedipine?
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Should I take a combination of DMARDs?
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Should I take infliximab?
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Should I take methotrexate?
- Scleroderma: Should I take methotrexate?
- Shoulder pain in rotator cuff disease: Should I have a steroid injection?
- Tennis elbow: Should I have a steroid injection?
- Vasculitis: Should I switch to azathioprine after going into remission with cyclophosphamide?
- Should you take traditional non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) or Cox2 inhibitors for osteoarthritis? (2005)
- Making Choices: Long Term Feeding Tube Placement in Elderly Patients. (2001 updated 2008)
- Making Choices: The Use of Intubation and Mechanical Ventilation for Severe Chronic Pulmonary Disease (2008)
- What can you do to prevent HPV and cervical cancer? A decision aid for parents/guardians of girls in Grade 8 in Ontario (2009)
Last modified: 2015-06-22.